- PLAN YOUR VISIT
Tickets and Info
Animals and Exhibits
Donations and Membership
Education and Conservation
Your SF Zoo is open and you will be required to reserve a date and time and purchase your tickets online prior to your visit.The SF Zoo & Gardens is home to endangered species whose susceptibility to COVID-19 is unknown. We also host a summer school program for young children, for whom vaccinations may not yet be available. As a result, face coverings are mandatory at all indoor animal spaces and anywhere on Zoo grounds where you cannot maintain at least 6 ft. social distancing from other guests, staff members, or animals on exhibit. Thank you for your cooperation! (As of 6/28/21)
• Face coverings continue to be mandatory at all indoor animal spaces and anywhere on Zoo grounds where you cannot maintain at least 6 ft. distancing from other guests, staff members, or animals on exhibit. Anyone who has a written exemption from a healthcare provider based on a disability, medical condition, or other condition that prevents them from wearing a face covering
does not need to wear a mask. You will receive a bracelet when you arrive.
• All tickets must be purchased online for specified entrance time, and must be redeemed during that time.
Your entire party needs to be present to enter the Zoo.
• There are a limited number of reservations available per day. Check back if you aren't able to make a reservation.
• Members must make a reservation for a time and date as well and will be issued a FREE admission ticket.
• For information on our rainy day policy and rebooking if you are not able to visit on the day you bought a ticket for, see the Reopening FAQ's.
• CityPASS ticket holders will receive the next available time upon arrival and do not need advance reservations.
Present your CityPASS ticket at Zoo entry. Learn more about saving 44% with CityPASS.
• Guests planning to park in the Zoo's parking lot need to purchase a pre-paid parking ticket prior to your visit. Please note, pre-paid parking is only available in the morning, after that it is on a first come, first serve basis.
• Disabled guests can still park for free with a disabled placard. You do not need to pre-purchase parking.
• No in and out privileges.
• The zoo will not be accepting any cash. Apple Pay, Google Pay and credit card transactions only.
• If you are feeling ill or have a cough or fever, please visit another time after you get better.
• No in and out privileges.
• Please follow the "rules of the road" on pathways, walk on the right and pass on the left.
• Stay safely behind red lines and avoid touching high contact surfaces.
• Take out food service is available, with indoor seating currently closed. Check here for more details.
• Gift Shop is open with limited capacity. There also are outdoor pop-ups.
• Most restrooms are open.
• We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting protocols per CDC Guidelines.
• Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the park.
• Limited attendance to maintain social distancing.
OUTDOOR ANIMAL AREAS ARE OPEN WITH SELECTED WINDOW VIEWINGS CLOSED. CLOSED AREAS INCLUDE:
• Lion House Indoor Viewing is closed but you can see the big cats in their outdoor yards
• Insect Zoo - Reopens on Sunday July 4
• Family Farm
• Dentzel Carousel